Dr. Homi Bhabha Examination for std 6th
Dr. HomiBhabha Exam is an competitive examination held in std 6th. The above Exam is conducted by The Greater Bombay Science Teacher’s Association. These exams are conducted since year 1981. Students studying only in 6th std. and 9th std can participate. All Boards ( Maharashtra SSC / CBSE / ICSE / IB etc.) students can participate. This exam can be given in both English and Marathi mediums.
♦ WHAT I WILL LEARN?
- Basic fundamentals and theories become strong.
- Early exposure to learning and competition builds confidence and sharpen skills which raise your level from other students.
- Exams develop IQ , Logical and Analytical thinking that builds strong foundation for a career.
- These exams enhances skill of understanding concepts which is required for exams like JEE, NEET , Civil services and many others.
- Approach towards studies and learning becomes positive.
- Competitive exams also help out in choosing a careers as students start identifying their areas of interest while getting deeper knowledge of subjects.
- General Knowledge of Science
|PHASE NO.||DESCRIPTION OF THE PHASE||MAX MARKS||DURATION OF EXAM||SELECTION PROCEDURE|
|PHASE I||Written test:
100 multiple choice questions based on Science and General Knowledge in science
|100||90 mins||Selection for PhaseII:
a) Merit wise top 7.5% students will be selected for phase II. They will get Merit Certificate.
b) Remaining passed students will get Passing Certificate.
|PHASE II||Practical Test for VI std.:
There will be 5 experiments of 6 marks each based on General Science
|30||30 mins. (6 min per experiment)||Selection for Phase III:
a) 30% of the marks obtained in phase I and markd obtained in phase II will be considered.
b) Merit wise top 10% students will be selected for phase III.
a) General Interview
|30||5 to 10 mins.||Selection for Medal:Considering 30% marks of Phase I + Marks of Phase II and Phase III
a) Merit wise top 10% candidates will get Gold Medal., Certificate, and Scholarship of Rs. 3000/-.
b) Next 60% candidates will get Silver Medal, Certificate, and Scholarship of Rs. 2000/-.
c) Remaining all candidates will get Bronze Medal, Certificate and Scholarship of Rs. 1000/-.
- Candidate must be in std 6th and age must be 11 years.
- Visit website: www.msta.in
- For All regions & All types of schools (With Regular Fee) Rs. 250 /-
- For Individual student registration ( Students who are not able to register his /her name through school.) Rs. 400 /-
♦ IMPORTANT POINTS
- Each question carries one marks.
- There is NO NEGATIVE MARKING system.
- Use of Black/ Blue ball pen is compulsory.
- Students are restricted to overwrite, scribble as marks will not be allotted to them.
- Papers will be evaluated with OMR process.
- Options will be given in form of A B C D.
- Reporting time to the exam center is one hour before exam time.
♦ 6th STANDARD SYLLABUS:
Textbooks of 4th ,5th and 6th std. of S.S.C. syllabus and Content related to the above from ICSE ,IB and CBSE books.
- Approximately 10 % questions on 4th std. syllabus.
- Approximately 20 % questions on 5th std. syllabus.
- Approximately 60 % questions on 6th std. syllabus.
- Approximately 10 % questions on General knowledge in science.
♦ WHAT AAROHAN EDUCATION OFFERS:
- SCIENTIFIC AND CONCEPTUAL APPROACH OF COACHING.
- LIMITED BATCH SIZE FOR MORE AND BETTER RESULTS.
- COMPREHENSIVE STUDY MATERIALS.
- ENOUGH PRACTICE SESSIONS THROUGH REGULAR TESTS.
- ONLINE PRACTICE PAPERS AS PER SCHEDULES.
- TRANSPARENCY BETWEEN PARENTS AND US, AS WELL AS FREQUENT UPDATES OF SCHEDULES.